Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Busway, buzz off....

I've been stressing out lately, not because of my works nor my personal problems, but because of the busway construction along my way from home to the office and vice versa. Don't get me wrong, I do like the fact that there'd be a busway from my home to the office, it's just that due to the construction, it takes an hour and half to go to the office and home. Normally, it would take only 40 minutes to go to the office by car, and take 30 minutes to go home by small bus.

There was even one time, when the traffic was so bad because of the construction, that I had to spent 2 hours on the way home. Doh! Actually the construction is not only of the busway, but also monorails, although only along in the street where my office is, so I guess you could imagine how stressful it is. Aarrghh....

However, I appreciate the government of Jakarta for their plan to create more MRTs in the city. Within the next few years, the residents of Jakarta would probably less use their cars that they choose the public transportation. As a result, less traffic. That's the plan. But.....what if there's a flood (who happens often here)??????

more things to do and think about, gov......:D

1 comment:

Maria Irma Yunita said...

Mbak Shan Shines..

I just couldn't agree more.

Now it took me an hour and a half just to get to the office.

This is insane.